I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Institute of Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Engineering of the University of Groningen, where I am working on the Metalogue project. The main goal of this project is to design a dialogue system with metacognitive capabilities and evaluate this system in educational dialogue settings. Our contribution to this project is to develop an automated system that can negotiate with a human trading partner. The system tries to negotiate as good a deal as possible for itself, but it also reasons about the goals of its trading partner to identify common goals.
- Agent-based modeling and social simulations
- Interaction between cognitively capable agents
- Higher-order reasoning
- Cooperation and risk
- The University of Groningen organized a Studiemiddag/Nascholing Informatica on June 29, 2017, where I presented some multi-agent systems demos, including a demonstration on cooperation and conventions, a demonstration on segregation, and a demonstration on traffic jams.
- On Wednesday 19 April, 2017, I presented a workshop on Artificial Intelligence at the I&I Praktijkdag on individual choices and group behavior.
- The study association for Artificial Intelligence and Computing Science at the University of Groningen (Cover) featured an article about agent-based theory of mind research called “Thinking about simulated thinking” in their magazine Brainstorm (issue 3 of 2015)./li>
- I was a guest at the radio show Glasnost on November 16, 2015 to explain theory of mind research.
- The university newspaper of the University of Groningen has written an article about my PhD research entitled “De computer leeft zich in”.
- On Friday October 2, 2015, we have organized the mini-symposium “How much does it help to know what she knows you know?”
Harmen de Weerd
Institute of Artificial Intelligence, University of Groningen
Bernoulliborg, room 346
9747 AG Groningen
Telephone: +31 50 3634114